Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, April 10, 2006

Clicks that make a difference

A friend recently sent me these daily click sites on the Internet. If you these sites, once a day, $1 gets contributed to these causes. I haven't done these since college, and it only takes a few minutes of your time, so I try to do them every day. Add them to your morning routine and whenever you check your e-mail each day. The sites:

The Breast Cancer Site. No need for me to state the obvious why this one is important and should be to everyone. You can also buy pink bracelets here.

The Animal Rescue Site. This one has cool pet links, too.

The Child Health Site. A self explanatory site - also has links to Hurricane Katrina relief orgs, as well as Pakistan Earthquake Relief. People still need our help down in New Orleans, and will for a long time to come.

The Hunger Site. Links about African trouble spots, which I assume this site goes toward helping.

The Literacy Site. A problem that just shouldn't be a problem, and it's a tragedy that it's so widespread in the world.

I guess there's no way in knowing if these clicks actually work, but I look at it this way - my heart's in the right place by doing it, and what's the risk? If there's even a chance that it's legit, it's worth the 2 minutes out of my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home