Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Scott McClellan resigns


So, we're getting a new PR hack to parrot Bush's lies and deception. Yipee! I guess I'm being a bit unfair, though. Honestly, I won't like just about anyone the president could pick, because a White House press secretary only divulges and says what the president wants him or her to say, and I don't agree with just about all of the president's policies. But, on the other hand, I liked and admired Marlin Fitzwater, Bush 41's press man. Neither of Bush's PR guys could hold Marlin's pen though.

In light of McClellan's resignation, Bush was hardly overwhelming in his praise, saying McClellan had a "tough assignment. I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity," the president continued. "It's going to be hard to replace Scott, but nevertheless he made the decision and I accepted it. One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas and talking about the good old days."

The "good old days"? I guess the case of lost WMDs, 9-11, tax cuts for the rich, escalating gas prices, marginalizing Cindy Sheehan, impuging the war record of John Kerry and covering up the Valerie Plame mess, the inability to find Osama bin Laden and the unjust and immoral war in Iraq qualify as the "good old days." Oh, and have I mentioned his environmental record? I hesitate to call it a record, because that implies that he has one.

So long, Scott. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm going to miss you about as much as I miss Ari Fleischer.

1,007 Days to go.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home