Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

50 things...

I usually find these pretty corny, but I found this on MySpace today, and thought I'd fill it out here. Vandra and I were talking about this the other night, and she was telling me how women do these. I laughed & told her that guys do them, too. Maybe I'm the only guy who does, but I do have many women friends, so maybe that explains it.

Here's the message that you can post if you copy/paste this and send it to your friends:

If you opened this, FILL IT OUT ! Learn 50 things about your friends, and let them learn 50 things about you!

Here goes. ...

1. How tall are you barefoot? 5'11"

2. Have you ever been unfaithful in a relationship? When I was very young, stupid and immature, yes, once, but I wasn't in love and didn't know what I was doing. When I've been in love? Never.

3. Do you own a gun? No, but I'm not anti-gun by any stretch. I grew up around them. My politics range from moderate on a few issues to mostly liberal and sometimes very liberal, but I'm not one of those anti-gun liberals. But, don't put my in Charleton Heston's corner, either. Hey, I live in Philly, and people get shot for sport here - some sensible, enforceable handgun legislation would be a good thing.

4. If you had a mental disorder, what would it be? Probably that I'm germphobic.

5. How many letters are in your crush's name? Six. It's spelled V-A-N-D-R-A - my future wife. 79 days to go 'til Cabo!

6. Music that always moves you: Frank Sinatra and The Dave Matthews Band. There are many others, but you don't have that much time to read them.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? I have two - Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley, and A Christmas Song by The Dave Matthews Band.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Sugar Free Red Bull, and Diet Raspberry Tea Snapple. Once in a while, Crystal Light. I need to have a juice in the morning.

9. Must have tech accessory - Forget it - I'm a tech whore. My Sirius Satellite Radio, my iPod, my cellphone, my digital camera, my photo printer, my Palm Pilot, I could go on and on. I love 'em all.

10. Have you ever done ecstasy? Hell no. I've been in ecstasy, I don't need to frickin' take it. Pill poppin' is for chumps.

11. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? No, I have a fiancee and best friend... the aforementioned love of my life - Vandra.

12. Do you like the rain? LOVE thunderstorms - one of the best things about summer. Other than that, rain is just that - rain. I'm usually in a bit of a lower mood when it's crappy out, so I guess I should say I don't like rain, unless it's a thunderstorm.

14. Do you own a knife? Sure, in my kitchen.

15. Do you have ADD? No.

16. Full initials? RJC

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. 1. I have a lot on my mind and will probably blog multiple times today. 2. The Edmonton Oilers - I'm hockey crazy! They could make it to the Stanley Cup Finals tonight with a win in game 4. 3. The coming holiday weekend, which I have off. It's going to be relaxing and fun. Okay, four: 4. My job interview tomorrow.

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought today. Nuttin' - I'm hangin' in and doin' stuff around the house today.

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink, in order most to least. 1. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper 2. Diet Raspberry Tea Snapple 3. Sugar Free Red Bull 4. skim milk 5. water

20. What time did you wake up today? 7:30 a.m.

21. Can you spell? Not well.

22. Current worry? None, really.

23. Current hate? I'm not going to be PC here and say "It's bad to hate," even though I know it is. But, I'm a very passionate, strong, emotional person, and sometimes I can froth at the mouth over things, people I strongly dislike and yes, sometimes I hate. I have to say right now it's 95% of Republicans and definitely anyone involved in this administration. I also hate apathy. Don't bitch - do something about it!

24. Favorite place to be? The beach (can't wait!), with friends/family just enjoying what I'm doing at the time. Also love summertime concerts on a warm summer night.

25. Least favorite place to be? Probably at my job, which will change soon (the actual job, not my 'tude about it). I also really dislike hospitals and funerals.

26. Where would you like to go? Just on vacation! 76 days and I will be there.

27. Do you own slippers? I love my hushpuppies.

28. Can't miss show on TV? The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart.

29. Do you burn or tan? tan, and quite well, thank you.

30. Yellow or blue? blue - my favorite color.

31. Would you be a pirate? Um, no.

32. Last time your cell rang? yesterday - it was my friend Mike.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? I usually don't, but sometimes Vandra catches me singin' Dave to myself.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? You name it - fires, mostly. And someone breaking into the house.

35. What's in your pockets right now? Wallet, cellphone, money, bluetooth headset for my cellie, change.

36. Last thing that made you laugh. Vandra last night, and Shawn at work yesterday.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child? I think I had Superman and also Dallas Cowboys sheets. I still love the latter!

38. Worst injury you've ever had? A hernia, which required surgery, and a badly separated thumb, which was unbelievably painful.

39. What is your GPA? Yikes. Undergrad was just shy of a 3.0 (but I was involved heavily on campus!), but something around a 3.75 in my major. Grad school was a 3.8 or something like that.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5, but only 3 are in use.

41. Who is your loudest friend? Probably Shawn. He's also one of the funniest.

42. Who is your most silent friend? Nicole (or Niki as she goes by up north). She lives in Beantown now.

43. Favorite magazine? Ohmygod - not even remotely enough time to list all of those - I subscribe to a ton. I'll keep it simple and list 2 - Shutterbug and Popular Photography.

44. Do you wish on stars? Yea, I guess I do, even though most falling stars are in fact meteorites entering the atmosphere.

45. What is your favorite book? Soooo many, but probably Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them; A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right by Al Franken. Many others though.

46. What song did you last hear? Not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks. Love those women - they speak their minds and don't take shit from anyone.

47. Do you like to be spanked? This is a family blog, occasional swearing aside. And no, by the way.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Definitely Lie in our Graves, by The Dave Matthews Band.

49. What were you doing 12 a.m. last night?? Watching TV and reading.

50. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up today? The alarm went off already?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home