Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Heat is on!

Now those are cool pictures of one of the NBA's brightest young stars, Miami's Dwayne Wade, a.k.a. "Flash." I love the Heat, and I love cooler sports shots even more.

I still can't believe it, but for the first time ever, the Miami Heat could make it to the NBA Finals tonight. They are giving the Detroit Pistons fits. I'm a bit surprised by this, and I've previously blogged. The Pistons are the two-time defending Eastern Conference Champions, and I wasn't sure the Heat would have the gas to get past them in these playoffs. They still haven't, but they have to win one game in the next three to get there, and I sure like their chances of doing just that.

I've been a Miami fan since 1988, and there have only ever been three things to cheer about, in this order: 1. getting Pat Riley, 2. trading for Shaq, and 3. Drafting Dwayne Wade. Notice there is no mention of playoff success on that list, but that could all change this year.

It's also exciting for me on another note - I've never had two of my favorite teams play for their respective league's championship in the same season. This year, the Oilers are there, and the Heat could be on their way. Wow - I still can't believe it. I've always been a huge Shaq fan, so seeing him get another chance at a rock would be great, but seeing Miami get its first title would be very memorable and cool. I still think this series could go long, though. Detroit will not go easily.

One more cool picture...

Don't worry kid, I'll get you a fat bling ring when we get past these Pistons!

Go Heat!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home