Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, June 30, 2006

Fusion burns wallet, not face


I made a hesitant purchase the other day while I was staying with family in the Poconos - I had forgotten my razor, which for about three years or so has been the Gillette Mach 3, which I'd been marginally happy with. At the drugstore, I was going to buy another Mach 3, but I noticed that the new Gillette Fusion was only $1.50 more, so I said, out loud, "Yea, I'll bite."

I'm glad I did.

Without boring you on the razor's detailed specifications, I'll simply say this - it has five blades, a smooth strip and some other ribbed thing at the bottom. I have no idea what half of these things do, but I do know it gives me one helluva close shave.

Now, for the downside. What could that be? Big mystery - price!

To get you started, the razor costs about $10. I didn't buy the one with the AAA battery that vibrates, theoretically for a better shave. It seemed too gimmicky. However, where the real dollars have to be doled out is for the replacement blades; they are expensive enough for you to ask if the price is pesos or dollars.

The above pack cost me about $23 with tax at Shoprite today. Aye Carubma! But, if you get a great shave with much less razor burn, don't you gladly shell out the dollars? I do.

Get the Fusion. It's worth the steep price.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home