Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, July 16, 2006

37 Years ago today...



37 years ago today, Apollo 11 blasted off toward infamy. I can't wait to see it again. Last week, I blogged about my feelings on the future of NASA and where the space agency is headed. However, today, in my very hungover state (my bachelor party was last night), I'm feeling a bit reflective about the good 'ole days of the space race, when our space program was something to take pride in. Not that I'm saying I'm not proud of our astronauts, but today's NASA fails to capture the public's (and my) imagination like the NASA of yesteryear.


Apollo 11 at first stage separation.

I simply cannot wait until we go back to the Moon and on to Mars. I hope it happens in my lifetime.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home