Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, July 31, 2006

No go, Sunoco

The sticker

This has got to be the lamest attempt at goodwill and free advertising that I've seen in some time from an oil company.

Have you seen the above sticker? I've seen a few of them on vehicles in the Philly area, but they are all over taxi cabs. It's a contest where, if you put this sticker on your vehicle, you can win gas from Sunoco, if you're seen by one of Sunoco's spotters. The grand prize is 5,000 gallons of gas. Quick confession - I grabbed two for our cars, brought them home, read the back, thought about it for a second, then laughed at my gullibility.

In short, Sunoco can wipe its collective ass with these if they think I'm putting them on our cars. It's bad enough we get prison pounded at the pump every time we fill up; but our cars aren't going to serve as Big Oil billboards. Besides, if I put one of these on my car, it's less room for stickers telling Big Oil and their Republican buddies to fuck off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home