Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Yea, yea - it's rubber, metal & plastic, but I missed owning a car

Last August, I stopped owning a car for the first time in almost 18 years. We didn't miss the extra bills, but we missed the flexibility that owning two cars gave us. Well, with Vandra's job moving far enough away where walking isn't an option, coupled with my taking a job over an hour away, we needed a second vehicle.

An old friend of mine (and my second boss ever) helped us out after one phone call. Ronnie sells cars for a living now, since his days at Shoprite have come to a merciful end. I told him I needed three things - 1. A Honda or a Toyota, 2. An automatic, and 3. A four-door car. Well, Ronnie didn't disappoint. The fruits of his labor are pictured above - found at an auto auction.

We picked her up this Saturday, a '98 Toyota Camry. The miles are a bit high, but it's obvious it was taken care of. The inside, after a good cleaning, is in great shape, and it runs very well - new brakes, tires, the works. So, I'm crossing my fingers that it lasts us for a while, but since we always keep up with routine maintenance, we're hoping for the best.

Oh, and how long did you think it would take for me to, ahem, personalize the car? The answer...

Not long at all, of course. These were actually in the mail before we even picked up the car, and they arrived yesterday.

Now I'm getting ready for political season. I not only miss the convenience of having a car, but the personal touches that you put into your own little four-wheeled universe.

Like this!

Yea baby, that's more like it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home