Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, August 07, 2006

World Trade Center - are we ready for this movie yet?



I just about had tears in my eyes just watching the trailer.

To me, World Trade Center is a must-see movie, but I just don't know. My question to no one in particular is, "Are we ready?" I suppose we are, but it's going to be an awfully tough and gut wrenching movie to get through.

The cool thing about this movie is a thing I heard from someone the other day. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that the producers went to every 9-11 widow they could find, and right down to the very last one, they all said, "Make the movie." If that's true, all the better.

Just watching the trailer gave me some pretty vivid flashbacks from that awful morning - one that I will never forget no matter how long I live and how bad my memory gets. September 11th is my generation's "JFK" - the classic "Where were you" question that my parent's generation could always answer, instantly. We all know where we were, without fail - I was in Reading at Lucent Technologies, watching on TV with the rest of the world.

Anyway, the cast looks pretty decent and the movie has promise. I just hope this one lives up to its promise - we owe the victims at least that much. When I see the movie, I'll share my thoughts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home