Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

BEST commentary so far this century



This is, by far, the best political commentary I've heard yet this century. I will keep this clip at the top of the my blog for the next few days, at least, and all new entries will be put underneath. You've just got to take a listen to this.

Keith Olberman is, hands down, my new favorite political commentator, having supplanted Al Franken. Sorry, Al, but when you start churning out gold like this, you may make it back to the top spot.

I can add very little to what Olberman already says here other than to say that I love how he takes the viewer down memory lane. Most of the American public has a memory of about six months, so Olberman's piece strikes a particular chord with me. I not-so-fondly remember GOP leadership coming after Clinton with a vengence, not only for getting a blowjob, but also for going after bin Laden right in the middle of the Lewinsky witch hunt. Many made "Wag the Dog" references.

Keep calling bullshit, Keith. Some of us are listening, and taking action.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home