Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Oh, Crikey - a lowbrow video game



This is about as wrong as it gets! I laughed, then cringed, then felt guilty for laughing. I feel bad that crazy Steve Irwin is dead, but you know what? He tempted fate every time he went out into the wild to tackle crocs and such. Like I heard on the radio right after it happened, I have to agree - he was in the death-defying business, and sooner or later, you're luck is going to run out when that's your vocation. It just took awhile for Steve's to run out, and I'm sorry that it did.

As crazy (and yes, as stupid) as I think Irwin was, I'll say this about him - he died doing what he loved, and how many people, when their lives end, have it end that way? Not many at all. I don't want to trash the guy, either, but any guy with two young children should have been a little more responsible in doing what he did. Crikey, Steve!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home