Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The death of decency in a garbage film

I just want to go on record right now as saying this film is a piece of garbage, and I don't care what awards it's won and where. Initially I thought I'd never see it - I probably will see it at some point in the future out of curiosity, but not by seeing it in a theater or renting it. If it's ever on TV at some point in the future, on a channel I'm already paying for, then okay. But, I'm not giving the producers or distributors of this film one red cent of my money.

I'll keep this one short, but I don't take jokes about the death of ANY president kindly. It's ridiculous, absurd, and offensive, but, it's part of America - free speech involves speech you don't support or enjoy hearing, and this falls under that category for me.

One final thing, though. A film like this IS indicative of the disdain that the world holds the U.S. in right now. Anyone remember films like this about Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan or even Carter? Yea, me neither.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home