Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, November 10, 2006

CNN's Cafferty rips Bush



Okay, I'm a bit behind on blogging, I know, but call it a post-election hangover. I just haven't had the energy the last few nights to write much, but I'm returning to form and will have lots to say this weekend.

Anyway, here's a clip of Jack Cafferty ripping the president right before the election, and in my view, rightfully so. Why? Because Cafferty lays out in pretty painful detail how the president has not kept his word - about "nation building," the reasons for the Iraq War, NSA spying, and on and on (the list could be much, much longer).

I'll have a separate post very soon about Bush's latest reason for the War in Iraq - OIL! As if, Mr. President. We knew it all along, you jackass, and for those of you out there slow to learn, go back and look at one of the only places our troops guarded when the Liar-in-Chief declared "major combat operations are over" under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln. I'll save you the trouble - it was the Iraqi Oil Ministry, presumably because the oil was going to pay for the war. Three plus years, 3,000 American lives and $300 billion later, there ain't that much oil under all of Iraq to repay us the cost of this stupid war in blood and money.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home