Respected pollster predicts blue Senate
This is a few days old, but it's noteworthy because Stu Rothenberg, a respected bi-partisan pollster, is predicting the Senate will go Democratic. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Democrats' chances in the upper house, though. But, I look at it this way - three months ago, I never, ever expected the Democrats to have a shot at the Senate, and I was just hoping against hope that the Dems could get control of the House, if all the stars were lined up perfectly. Now, they have a shot at both. Almost any pollster you hear except the most rabid Republican will tell you the House will go Democrat, and at this point it would be a major political upset if that does not happen. For the Democrats to even have a chance at the Senate is a shocking turnaround of fortunes for both parties.
We'll soon see how much Stu knows his stuff.
Labels: 2006 election, CNN, Jeff Greenfield, Stu Rothenberg, The Situation Room, Wolf Blitzer







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home