Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A stunning Katrina documentary



I've had this documentary on my DVR for quite some time, "When the Levees Broke: a Requiem in Four Acts" a stunning four-hour film by Spike Lee. This week I'll probably get around to watching it; I've been looking forward to seeing it for some time. By any accounts, it looks like a stunner - images that we aren't likely to ever forget.

I'm not sure if it's still being shown on HBO, but it will probably be out on DVD soon. As usual, I'll bring you my thoughts after I see it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This clip made me cry. I want to watch the whole special, but we better have a lot of kleenex nearby. And the real tragedy is that so much time has passed and the victims of this devastation still have so much they need.

Mon Nov 13, 04:40:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home