Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, December 29, 2006

Ahhh, I finally have my own copy!

Another favorite gift I received this Christmas is An Inconvenient Truth on DVD from Chris and Davis, Vandra's aunt and uncle. I love it! We wasted no time watching it - last night I watched it with Kathy, my mother in law. It's still as powerful now was it was the first time I saw it.

Since I've already reviewed the movie, I won't elaborate on my thoughts now, but if you'd like to read my original review, click here.

One quick footnote to the movie though. The oil and gas lobby isn't taking this stinging indictment of their black gold sitting down. Check out this parody of Al Gore and the movie...



The Wall Street Journal, after investigating this piece that appears on YouTube, discovered some interesting stuff about this humorless piece. The video was claimed to have been the work of an amateur production by a 29-year old in Beverly Hills, California. But, the WSJ, which determined that "computer routing information" showed that those replies came from "a computer registered to DCI Group", a public relations and lobbying firm in Washington, D.C., led exclusively by Republican party officials. DCI has counted corporations such as General Motors and ExxonMobil amongst its clients.

Surprised?

Yea, me neither.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home