Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, January 21, 2007

McNaught Comet - a beautiful sight

I wish I could be in the Southern Hemisphere this week. Today I saw some pictures on the Web of the McNaught Comet, which is shining brightly in many cities below the equator. Above is a view of McNaught over Perth, Australia. Now that's cool. I wish I could get some pictures like that, but it looks like it won't be visible (or barely) in Philadelphia.

Seeing pictures of McNaught also makes me remember Halley's Comet in 1986, and also the awesome Hale-Bopp Comet in the 1990s. I have to confess, I don't actually remember seeing Halley's, but I do remember seeing all of the news about it. But, Hale-Bopp I remember actually seeing, and it was a beautiful sight.

I hope to see another one in my lifetime, and I also hope to get some great pictures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home