Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Police reunite for Grammys

This is 'way cool news - The Police are reuniting to play this year's Grammys to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Not many things happen in the music world, or at the Grammys for that matter, that make the annual awards show a must-see for me, but this is definitely one of them. I've always been a pretty big fan - the band is one of the first bands, and the first records, I ever owned. I have one of their "Best of" CDs in my iTunes library, and it gets lots of play time.
The band, above, from left to right: Stewart Copeland, Sting and Andy Summers, are shown here in an unknown location in 1980. The group achieved super stardom in the late '70s and early '80s before feuds and dissension broke them apart. Sting went on to have a very successful solo career.
I just did a little more reading, and there are strong rumors of a reunion tour this summer. It's the top priority tour for me this summer, if that's the case. This summer, The Dave Matthews Band will take a very rare backseat if this tour is announced, but I'm sure I'll squeeze in my umpteenth Dave show, too.
The 49th Grammy Awards air live from LA on Feb. 11.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home