Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, February 26, 2007

Crazy weather, crazier reporting



Okay, I'm in the mood to laugh after all of the serious stuff I've been posting, so I thought I'd take a quick time out. Since today was yet another crazy weather day in Philadelphia, I thought I'd to some weather-related funny vids.

I remember watching the one above live on the Today show. It's hilarious - a reporter being a total fake and the guys walking right in front. I know the Jersey attitude, and I can guarantee you that was done on purpose. I wish the video rolled longer though, because they went back to her later on in the show for another live shot, and she got frustrated and paddled out into the fast water, and the water swept her away and she went off camera. Bottom line - it just wasn't her day. I don't think the Weather Channel will be calling any time soon.



Check this one out (above). They are nuts in Cleveland! The guy trying to do the interview keeps his composure pretty well, though. Too funny!



Check out the weatherman above who has a meltdown while Katrina is blowing ashore. Maybe that could be a new reality series, in the spirit of the old Crossfire. It could be an anchor and a meteorologist trying to shout over one another to get their lines out.

**Warning: The following two video clips aren't for the kids!



The guy above has got to be unemployed by this outburst. I love how he winds it up, too - a fake smile and his hands in his pockets.



I don't know if the clips above are live or if they are on tape delay, but they are hilarious nonetheless. Watch 'em and watch 'em again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home