Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ever had a day like...

...this? Today was one of those days for me.

The guy above was wearing his heart on his sleeve, thanks to the worst day of trading on Wall Street since 9.17.01, right after 9-11. Wall Street tanked today following China's massive sell-off the day before.

Anyway, not a good day today. Vandra went to her IRS audit, and let's just say it could have gone better. Of course, it could have gone worse, too; and the IRS official she met with was very nice and kind - two words you don't normally associate with the IRS.

Flat tire today on the way to work. Joy.

Lastly, today was the NHL trading deadline. The white flag has been raised in Edmonton. Ryan Smyth was traded to the New York Islanders for a first round pick this year, two other players with potential, and a bag of pucks. I haven't felt this low about all of my sports teams since the mid-to-late 1990s. It's got to get better. I guess I could always be a Philadelphia sports fan, which by even generous accounts is a sport resembling S&M. Again, it could ALWAYS be worse.

Anyway, on to some individual posts. I wanted to get to writing much earlier tonight, but the front page of Blogger was down, so I had to come in the backdoor by using another link, and it took a work around. Anyway, I'm here, so I'll get to what I can tonight. I have loads to say right now about a laundry list of issues, so my heavy blogging doesn't look to die down anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home