Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two funny pictures to lead off the day

Not much time to write this morning - lots to get to other than the blog, but I'll take a few minutes. I love finding weird and funny photos online. Here's two to start out the morning. See if you can think up a caption for each one. Off the top of my head, here's mine...

"I knew that the first female Speaker of the House would bring about changes in the capitol, but these new uniforms for the wait staff in the Congressional Dining Room are ridiculous!"

"This misogynistic pig things his costume is funny. Mammogram, huh? I'd like to give him a prostate check with my 9 iron."

###

Okay, the second one was a reach, but honestly, these were off the top of my head. The second one does crack me up - only at Mardi Gras. I've been to New Orleans twice, pre-Katrina, for Fat Tuesday, and it really does defy description. Crazy times, and just when you think you've seen it all, you haven't, unless you've been to Bourbon St. during Mardi Gras. It really is a sight to behold.

Anyway, a little more info. about both pics:

Top: A model for Jeremy Scott in 2006. Scott is making a comeback to Paris with his autumn-winter collection after deserting the French capital for Los Angeles and New York following his return to his homeland in 2001. (AFP)

Bottom: Betty Heath from Mississauga, Ontario stands next to Clyde Hymel from Laplace, La., on Bourbon Street on Mardi Gras in New Orleans Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home