Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Unity '08 - a great idea - take a look

I don't know too much about Unity '08, but on first glance I really like the idea. Above is a 22-minute clip of Sam Waterston talking about the virtues of being a moderate. I really like a great deal of what he has to say, and I'll confess that I like the man so much as an actor, that taints my opinion a bit, too.

Many of you may not believe it, but I'm not automatically a liberal on every issue, and socially, I tend to have a few shades of conservatism.

But, most importantly, I really hope to see a major third party in this country in my lifetime. I'm skeptical that it'll happen, but I know that doing nothing will insure that it won't.

Take a half hour when you have time and listen to Waterston, and visit the Unity '08 Website to sign up to become a delegate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home