Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, April 09, 2007

What a great shot from space

This one caught my eye while poking around on Wikipedia today, and I love this shot. It's NASA astronaut Robert Curbeam (left) and European Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Christer Fuglesang performing STS-116's first of three planned sessions of extra-vehicular activity (EVA) as construction resumes on the International Space Station. The landmasses depicted in the background are the South Island (left) and North Island (right) of New Zealand.

This pic brings together two of my loves - NASA and our space program, and New Zealand, a country I've always wanted to visit. Some day I will get there.

Maybe if I can round up $20 million, I can ride into space, too, since space tourism seems to be taking off.

Picture from NASA via Wikipedia

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home