Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Monet lives

I had a hard time not laughing at this one when I found it on the Internet tonight.

Evidently, someone wanted to do to Limbaugh's billboard with paint what he does to people every day with his nauseating and hateful remarks.

However, the guy who's responsible for cleaning up graffiti in the city had a comment for The Baltimore Sun that spread around the Internet quicker than Mexican water through a tourist.

"It looks like they took globs of paint and threw it on his face," Robert Murrow of the Department of Public Works told The Sun. "It looks great. It did my heart good."

To his credit, Limbaugh took the whole incident in stride.

From The Sun:
Limbaugh began Thursday's nationally syndicated show with the Baltimore billboard flap.

"I think I'm the one that needs Secret Service protection," Limbaugh said. "All this talk about Obama and these presidential candidates. For crying out loud, I'm the one who needs it."

Limbaugh laughed about the whole thing and -- even as he made hay -- poked fun at the media's overblown ways.

"I'm just waiting for all of the cable news networks," Limbaugh told listeners. "They're probably at this moment sending video crews to Baltimore. And there are going to be round table discussions later on. ... 'What's happening to the civility of our society?'"
I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with the bloated, drug-addicted hate monger, and that's something I don't believe I've ever typed before, or will again.

However, Murrow's superiors were not amused.

More from The Sun:
Kurt L. Kocher, Murrow's supervisor, seethed that his comments were "outrageous."

"I am very upset about that comment, and I've let him know I'm very upset about that comment," Kocher said. "It's his personal comment, and it's wrong. It does not belong out there in any kind of official capacity. As far as I'm concerned, he was not speaking for the department.

"I don't care if it's Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore or Britney Spears. You don't deface anything - period. And you don't endorse defacing anything - period."
I understand Kocher's comment, but please - lighten up. Yes, it is inappropriate to deface anything, but I do find it awfully tough to be upset about someone who has spread hate and intolerance for so long.

It looks like some outraged people in the Baltimore area have had enough of Limbaugh's blarney.

I guess I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth, but I will anyway. I really don't approve of this type of stuff, but is there an Ann Coulter billboard in Baltimore? Better yet, find a BOR billboard and hit the trifecta.

I wouldn't mind seeing these purveyors of political porn feel some intolerance for once.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home