Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, May 21, 2007

Why our gov't bans YouTube & sites like it from soldiers

Sorry I'm not jumping up and down and waving the American flag when I see footage like this. When I first saw this, I had two thoughts:

1. I wonder how many people died?

2. I've never been a soldier, and I'd like to believe (and I sure hope) there was a very real reason for our soldiers doing what they did. I'm sure there probably was, and who knows? Maybe a few Americans were killed by people suspected of being in the mosque. I've never been a soldier and I don't pretend to know all of the dynamics of what goes on in war, but I do know this -- nothing brings out the worst in humanity like war. History has proven it time and time again. In fact, we've seen several high-profile cases of that phenomenon in this war.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home