Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Scooter Libby gets 30 months

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was sentenced to 30 months in prison today for his role in the Valerie Plame Affair. Two words: Justice Served.

But, will justice be served?

I don't think so, though. At the very latest, President Bush will pardon him on his way out of office - a final FU to all of his political opponents.

I hope Bush DOES have the balls to pardon Libby - the sooner the better. Because when he does, it will be the cherry on top of the corruption sundae Bush and Cheney have been feeding us for the last 6+ years.

Having said that, I feel absolutely no sympathy for Libby whatsoever. He's an educated man, fully capable of making rational decisions, despite his lawyer and his wife painting him to be a victim caught up in blowing Plame's cover.

I'll have to listen to Sean Hannity later today - Libby's wife was on after he was found guilty, and she played the part of grieving victim to perfection. I'm sure Hannity won't disappoint this time, either.

Top Photo From AP

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home