Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, July 28, 2007

F. Thompson's campaign gets a life vest


I got a kick out of this one - people from the Democratic National Committee delivered a life vest to Fred Thompson's campaign, because it's already taking on water. With revelations coming to light about conflicts of interest and some questionable ethics practices surrounding his lobbying efforts, his campaign may take a torpedo or two before it even begins.

I know, I know - it's pretty immature, and if I were on the DNC, I would have said no to it - this kind of chest thumping always has a way to come back and bite you in the butt, and that's the last thing Democrats need right now. But, sometimes you need to have fun at your job, so to this I say well done, sort of.

But, the "deeply dissatisfied in our government" side of me thinks that maybe people over at the DNC should consider how they are going to begin impeachment proceedings against Cheney, Bush and Gonzales, not how they can pull off pranks like this one.

I know, fat chance, but that's really what needs to be done. I'm working on a piece that I'll probably finish tomorrow about impeachment, and why it needs more than a casual look from Democratic "leaders" in Congress.

H/T to C&L for the video

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home