Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sunday comics (early)

I triple-dog promise to have lots and lots of commentary later on in the weekend (most likely Sunday evening and well into the night). We are headed up to the Poconos to visit family and friends in a bit. I've been giving my photo blog and photography lots of love, and CMB has been a bit neglected. I promise to make it up to you on Sunday - I've got lots to say and even more juicy footage to bring you.

Anyway, here are some great cartoons from the past week. Most of them have a Bush administration and Iraq War theme. Hey, what can I say? We're about to enter the dog days of summer, and there's not a whole lot happening right now other than pop culture idiocy and the War in Iraq. I guess it's a good time to note that the war goes on for our troops every day - there is no vacation like most of us get in the summer, and like the entire goddamn Iraq Parliment is taking for the month of August. I can't help but be overly angry about that last point, so pardon my language - but really, when you hear about something like that, it's not a stretch to say out loud, "Our troops are giving their lives for this?!? On to the comics...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home