Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rudy's phoniness higher than his 9-11 profits


I've been out of it politically for a little while now - with school starting back up, coupled with a million other things going on, I just have not had the time. And, when I have had the time, quite frankly, I've been too disgusted to read, watch and write my usual quota about the disgraceful state of politics in our country.

However, leave it to the Republicans on Capitol Hill to get me equal parts fired up, angered, pissed off and motivated. So, in short, I have lots to get to. First, though, I'd be remiss to not comment on the 9-11 Profiteer himself, Rudy Giuliani, and his fifth-grade campaign tricks.

In the video above, America's Mayor would have us believe that his wife called him right in the middle of a campaign speech during a speech to the NRA (an organization that he vilified as mayor of New York City, by the way). Nothing turns people off like insincerity and phoniness. When I first saw this ridiculous footage, I couldn't help but think of GiuLIEani's oft-repeated lie about what he said to his corrupt NYC police chief, Bernie Kerik, on the morning of 9-11: "Thank God George Bush is our president."

Well, really I can't prove that what he said to the sleazy Kerik on 9-11 is a lie, but if it isn't, it should be. I know more than a few simple-minded, partisan rubes who said to me personally following 9-11: "Thank God Gore isn't president." Pretty funny how that laughable statement becomes more and more absurd with each passing day.

GiuLIEani has pulled the cell phone trick before, too; take a look at the footage below...


The best part about the footage of the NRA convention (at top) is that shortly after his little phone stunt, I hear that the crowd started to turn on him. Good. Now, I can't wait for the rest of America to follow suit.

I'm really going to enjoy watching Giuliani fail in his bid for the presidency. First, it was McCain who added joy to my life, and now it will be Rudy.

McCain is the new McGovern
Rudy is the new McCain

Life could be worse.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

Now he's saying that 9/11 makes us all say 'i love you' to your loved ones. Wow, 9/11 really changed everything for him. Maybe his marriages failed because they were pre-9/11.

Fri Sep 28, 09:42:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home