Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dem debate tonight @ 9; I'll live-blog it

The Democratic presidential candidates are here in Philadelphia for another debate tonight ~ this time it's at Drexel University, just a stone's throw from where we live. (At left, workers prep the room for tonight's big donkey showdown.) I thought about going over there tonight to try and hear what's going on and maybe even get some pictures, but I decided against it - I'm sure security there will be tight and intense, and I'd much rather be in front of the TV where I can hear everything.

The debate starts at 9 p.m. tonight on MSNBC, and I will live blog it, so check back often for my thoughts on how things are going. Downer ~ it's been hosted by the intolerably arrogant Brian Williams. I won't even get into why I dislike him - I've blogged about that at length already.

Anyway, it should be interesting tonight to see how the front runners do, and how they attack each other. The Iowa Caucus for the Democrats is scheduled for January 14, just two-and-a-half months away. It's go time, and the heat is getting turned up on the likes of John Edwards and Bill Richardson, both of whom are sagging quite badly in the polls.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home