Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An outrageous War With Iran montage


This is a great compilation of the War With Iran Rhetoric, put together by the fine folks at Talking Points Memo.

It's beyond frustrating, and in fact downright frightening that the corporate media continues to talk about a war with Iran as if it's an inevitability. This should bring back plenty of unpleasant memories of the run-up to the war with Iraq, but no one seems to be listening.

What's happening now is exactly what the Bush administration hopes will happen - keep repeating over and over and over that a war with Iran is all but inevitable, and eventually everyone will treat it as a fait accompli. This is the PR phase of Bush's next war, and so far, there is no resistance.

I hear these talking heads on television talk about a war with Iran, and it's hard to not get cynical about the lack of meaningful political discourse in America today, and by that I mean every day people. I'm guilty of it, too - I feel like I don't do enough, and I'm changing that very soon. I've made a commitment to myself to become even more politically active - to make my voice heard loud and clear - that we don't desire another war, and that all diplomatic possibilities must be brought to bear on any situation in the Middle East, including Iran.

Of particular note in the video above is Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) - a walking, talking jackass in the Senate if there ever was one. He's the Senator who, while on one of John McCain's non-listening tours of Baghdad, snorted during a press conference, "I bought five rugs for five bucks!"

Whenever I hear his annoying voice and regurgitated White House talking points, I ask myself, "What in the hell are the people in South Carolina thinking?" I swear to God, there must be a five-foot string on the back of Graham's head, and all you have to to is pull it to hear five Bush talking points about the War in Iraq or the War on Terrorism.

South Carolina is currently suffering from one of the worst droughts on record, and it seems like that drought has also affected political coherence as well. How this moron ever made it to the U.S. Senate is beyond me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home