Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend cartoons

I still have a great deal I want to get to his weekend, so I'll let the cartoons speak for themselves, save for the last one. Enjoy.

I hope that Gore's being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize will make him rethink his position about running for president. At this point, I'm not holding my breath. I many ways, I can't blame him for not wanting to put himself and his family through all of the b.s. of another presidential campaign, especially when he's made such a big difference outside of government. But, as broken as our government is, the only real chance he'll probably have to affect genuine change about global warming is inside our government, not out of it.

I have to confess to dreaming about Gore's becoming director of the EPA for a new Democratic president. Can anyone think of a better person to fill that position? I can't. It would give Gore the chance to have some real power and ability to do loads of good - a chance to reverse the Bush administration's disgraceful war on our environment these past seven years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home