Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Cartoons

Another great week of cartoons. As I found a lot of these this week, I found myself saying "Yes!" It's hard to pick a favorite this week, but the ones about the California wild fires are probably the best. Seeing President Bush, or National Embarrassment, show up in southern California pledging all that he can do for the victims, must be his comedic high mark this year. I found this particularly poignant considering that New Orleans had flooding this week from torrential rains.

Another issue I heard a great deal about this week - a possible Gore candidacy for president, which appears all but dead now. It's one of my bigger disappointments in politics since the '04 presidential election. I was, however, encouraged to read what Barack Obama said last week - that Gore would have "a very senior position in my administration." I would hope that all Democratic candidates have that point of view and intention. We'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home