Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Get ready to... get annoyed


I get so irritated with TV commercials, specifically when I'm watching football and hockey, when I more or less have to watch at least some commercials. In fact, the commercials get on my nerves me so much, all I can say is I feel sorry for my wife sometimes, because I go on more than a few mini-rants about them.

Anyway, so far this year, the commercial that's THE worst I've heard this year (and, miraclulously enough, it doesn't even feature Peyton Manning!) is Hyundai's HoliDuh ads that pimp some dumb holiday sale. (See above for an example of one.) Honestly, who approves this garbage? Do companies think that annoying us is going to make us buy their products?

My current Top 10 most annoying commercials...

10. Anything with Peyton Manning
9. Chevy's This is Our Country
8. The Coors Light press conference spots - they were funny, now they've trite
7. The Verizon Network spots - & their network isn't that good
6. Kay Jewelers holiday ads - sorry, but I'm not going to Kay's to buy a diamond anything
5. Any pharmaceutical commercial. Why should I Ask My Doctor about a drug? How about this - ban these freakin' pharmaceuticals from advertising, and maybe our drug prices would come down. Like that would ever happen - they would cry freedom of speech quicker than you can say lobbyist.
4. Any Vonage commercial. Ever.
3. Mazda's grating Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
2. Anything with Peyton Manning, AGAIN
1. Like you haven't figured it out by now. Duh.

Ahhhh. I feel better now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home