Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Amusing Black Friday footage

I got a pretty good kick out of this - Bush protesters being the first in line to get into stores to snatch up some bargains - the footage made several of the news networks that were reporting on the Black Friday crowds yesterday. Take a look at the footage...


Pretty funny.

I have to confess that I personally don't buy into the anti-shopping school of thought about Black Friday. I guess with times being tight, getting a value is more important to me than ever, and if that means going to a store at four in the morning to save some significant money, I'll do it. I won't be completely happy about it, but I'll do it.

I left our condo at 3:30 yesterday morning, and the line at Best Buy on Columbus Blvd. in Philadelphia was at least 300 people long, and I'm not kidding.

I then went to another store and got in a line that was only about 15 long at 4 a.m. I stood in line for two hours, but I got what I wanted. I won't say what or where though - my wife Vandra reads my blog.

Anyway, happy bargain hunting this holiday season. There are many to be had - and that's the one good piece of news about our sagging economy. Money may be tight, but if you're patient and persistent, you can make your dollar got a lot further than usual.

Here's hoping you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Thirty days until Christmas!

h/t to Crooks & Liars for the video and picture

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home