Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bush State of the Union Word Cloud

I got a kick out of this this morning - I found it on The Huffington Post. I'll cop to not watching much of his speech; the mere sight or sound of Bush makes me so infuriated anymore, I just refuse to ruin my evening by watching and listening to our national embarrassment. It's just as easy to read about it and watch a few video clips the next day.

Anyway, the one thing that amazed me about Bush's speech is the fact that he only mentioned terrorists 17 times. Wow, Bush really is slipping in the last year of his presidency. Then again, he has plenty of time to try to scare the living daylights out of the electorate before the '08 election. Even if Bush fails to do so, undoubtedly Mitt Romney and John McCain will fill the politics of fear vacuum if Bush slips up a little this year. More on McCain in a bit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home