Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Our new five dollar bill

I got this in a forward today, and, tragically, I laughed. Secret Service, please don't knock on my door - I didn't start it, I didn't create it, I'm just just hoping for an end to it. You know, the mindlessly tragic War in Iraq, high gas prices. Four-dollar per gallon of gas is in our immediate future, make no mistake about it, and it's probably going to be here to stay. Great - soon, a fin won't even get me a gallon of gas and a bagel. Thank GOD we invaded Iraq.

I've written it before, and I'll write it again, and Again, and AGAIN leading up to the 2008 election - in the words of Ron Kovic, one helluva brave American, and a true patriot who has made sacrifices for this country that I cannot even begin to comprehend:
I cannot even find the words to describe how the government of the United States sickens me.
Oh, and I could substitute the word media for government, and that quotation would be no less sage.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home