Happy Mission Accomplished Day, everyone
I can't believe it's been five years. My, how time flies when you're wasting I won't take off on a rant about how this day five years ago marked the most absurd, asinine presidential photo-op ever, when Bush flew in a plane and landed on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln in his clown outfit.
Since then, we're torpedoed our credibility, economy, standing in the world, the treasury, and, quite frankly, our entire electoral process in more ways that I have time to get into in this brief post.
It's worth looking back on, but more importantly, it's worth looking toward the future, too, because only one of the remaining presidential candidates wants more of the same in Iraq, and that's John McSame. His rationale? We can't "wave the white flag of surrender" like the Democrats want to do.
I'm soo tired of this slogan-driven administration - everything it does has a slogan behind it, and this war is no different.
But, since it's Dubya's fifth birthday, I'll indulge him...
Bush's political allies like to say Democrat's want to "cut and run." However, I like to say that Bush and McCain want to "stay and pay," and by "pay" I mean in trillions of dollars, but most importantly of all, the thousands of lives lost, both American and Iraqi. How do you put a price tag on that?
More to come later today...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home