Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, June 20, 2008

A little morning Dave to get you movin'


Happy Friday, everyone. My fingers are still sore from all the typing I did yesterday, so I have some other things to take care of this morning. I'll be back later on this afternoon, though, so please check back.

In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying your Friday, wherever you are. I'm blessed with a gorgeous day here in Philadelphia - I'm going to try and get out with my cameras later on today.

Here's a little Dave Matthews Band for your listening pleasure, and the song starts out with the thought that embodies my political philosophy, including what I hope to accomplish with this blog:
To change the world, start with one step
However small, the first step is hardest of all
Once you get your gait, you will walk in tall
You said you never did, 'cause you might die trying
'Cause you might die trying, 'cause you...
What can I say? I know I post him on here from time to time, and you might not all be fans, but he really is a lyrical poet - I think DMB is the best band since the Beatles.

And even if you like the music, you truly can never appreciate the music unless you've seen them live. (I hope that doesn't sound like musical snobbery, because I really don't mean it to be.) But, in this age of over-produced music and stars made in the studio, these guys deliver live, as good as, if not better than their studio albums (which are fantastic in their own right).

Anyway, enjoy the day - I'll be back in a bit.

-PECAD

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home