Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shocker: McCain's Hillary love is about two weeks old


There was a time not long ago when Hillary Clinton was persona non grata in the Republican Party. But, in recent days, American's Profiteer, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain have been making nice with Hillary. Why? Because McCain desperately needs her supporters if he even has a remote shot at becoming president. (And because 9iu1ian1 desperately wants to be McCain's running mate - the only way he'll ever have even an outside shot at gaining national elected office.)

And there was a time not too long ago where McCain thought it was funny when one of his ignorant, asinine supporters called Hillary a "bitch" during a Q&A session. Now that's classy.

It gets better. McCain also had to apologize once for making this unspeakable joke about Chelsea Clinton at a Washington dinner in 1998:
Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father.
Hmm. He calls his wife a "cunt," laughs at a joke calling Hillary Clinton a "bitch," and calls Janet Reno a "man." And women are considering voting for this guy?

He later apologized for the joke, but how could Hillary, Bill or Chelsea take that apology seriously? How do you unring a bell like that?

I have to give the Clintons credit - they have much thicker skins than I could ever hope to have - reason 1,001 why I'll never go into politics. Me? After that crack about Chelsea (she was 18 at the time), if I were Bill Clinton, I would have sent him a gift certificate to Hollywood Tan so he can darken the scars from the two melanomas he's had removed. I know, I'm no better than him now, and I'm okay with that. I was brought up with manners, and 95 percent of the time I have them, but that five percent is saved for churlish rubes like John McCain. Then, I can get into the gutter with the worst of them. I'm not proud of it, but I absolutely detest misogyny, or picking on someone's kids - something that McCain finds amusing.

What sickens me even more is that many women, simply out of spite, are even considering voting for him just because their candidate didn't win. Well boo hoo - Howard Dean lost in '04 and I campaigned like hell for John Kerry in Bucks County, Pa. because his party (MY party) believes in things that are completely foreign to President Bush. Taking a look at McCain's history of hateful comments about women, much less his voting record, ought to disabuse Hillary supporters of the notion of voting for him, but we'll see soon enough.

And by the way, Chelsea Clinton is about 1,000 percent prettier than Cindy McCain, or the McCains' daughter, Megan. <-- She's 21, so I don't feel bad.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home