Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, June 27, 2008

W leaves another leader at a loss for words


I know, I know, I need to get over it, and someday, when the War in Iraq is over, maybe I will, but I still can't believe, nearly eight years later, that this man became president of our country. I've never seen any world leader, anywhere, as inarticulate and embarrassing as Bush is.

During a press conference with Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo the other day, Bush had this to say:
BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that - in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the - of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)

ARROYO: Yes.

BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.

ARROYO: Thank you.
As if Arroyo had anything to do with it. I'm reminded of an incident while I was working in a supermarket years ago, when an elderly woman was working there to handle out samples to customers. I was standing at the table getting a snack with a coworker, who was black, when the woman asked my coworker, as another black man walked by the table, "Why does he wear his pants like that? Do you know him?"

Sure lady - all black people know each other! What morons. The woman and our president, I mean.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home