Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

At least this McCain staffer is only inept


I found this one this morning on Crooks and Liars, and I got a good laugh out of it. Evidently, the McCain campaign didn't get permission to use Jackson Browne's song Running on Empty in a campaign ad. I can only guess what the ad was about (more lies about offshore drilling, no doubt), but what morons. It's no doubt a bit of a stretch to blame McCain directly for something a staffer didn't bother to do, but if I'm McCain and I see/hear a new ad with this song, I'd probably say, "We have permission to use this song, right?"

Maybe at the end of this particular ad, it should have said, "I'm John McCain, and I didn't approve or even bother to listen to this message."

I'll resist the temptation (Okay, not really) to bust McCain's stones about using the song for another reason. I guess no one on his staff has a wicked sense of humor like yours truly, because if someone did, no doubt that person would have pointed out: "Um, maybe having a song called Running on Empty isn't such a bright idea for our guy; after all - he's only three years younger than the country of Iraq."

If this is the type of people he surrounds himself with now, Heaven help us if he wins in November.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home