Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's official - Obama's the one

I sincerely apologize for the paucity of posts this week - school started, and I've been sick as a dog. Of all the weeks for it to happen - school starting, and the Democratic National Convention. Sigh. Oh well, I'll more than make up for it over the next few days, and definitely this weekend. I have so much to blog about, thoughts are spilling out my ears.

Anyway, I just finished watching the Democrats do it right - officially nominating Barack Obama at 6:48 p.m. Eastern Time. The Dems did it in fine fashion - timing it out so that Hillary spoke for New York State, and she quickly moved that Obama be nominated by acclamation, which was accepted.

It was a pretty historic, sweet moment. After watching Hillary last night give the speech of her political career, and watching her totally classy, appropriate show of unity for the party, Obama's the one. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why any of her supporters would possibly consider voting for McSame, and I certainly hope that after listening and seeing her sincerity, a vast majority of her supporters do the right thing.

After seeing the pageantry, pomp and circumstance, I had two thoughts - thank GOD Obama got the nomination without a floor fight, and I love how Repube predictions of party strife were about as credible as a Rush Limbaugh rehab center.

I'm off to a fantasy football draft tonight, but I'm TiVo-ing all of the festivities, so I promise to have a little bit more later tonight, and plenty more tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home