Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

McCain's desktop

I've got plenty to get to tonight, but before I do, I have a few funny things to share. I found this one on the Internet a few days ago, and I got a kick out of it. I find it nothing short of remarkable that a presidential candidate in the 21st century would publicly say that he doesn't "do the Internet." And John McCain is a guy that people are seriously considering voting for? For the life of me, I'll never understand why. Okay, for 20 percent of people who vote, I get it, but for anyone who's even remotely open-minded, I don't understand it. (There are 20 percent of close-minded people on both sides who will vote either Republican or Democrat, all the time and every time, but those aren't the people who win elections for candidates anyway.)

Our next president needn't be a genius who grasps every minute detail about the most complex of issues, but after eight years of a president who at times has taken pride in his lack of intellectual curiosity, we need a president who both has a handle on technology, and is willing to unleash its potential to solve some of our problems. (For those of you who feel I'm being too harsh on Bush, look up his commencement address to what I believe was Harvard some years back, when he joked about being a self-described "C" student. Way to blaze a path to mediocrity, Mr. President.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home