Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The celebration continues...


I'm still decompressing from yesterday, and the euphoria from today - I can't think of a day in my life where I've felt happier; there are others that run a distant second - Clinton's win in November '92 when I cast my first vote for president was pretty sweet, as was the day that Clinton was acquitted in the Senate. But, other than those two, nothing else even registers on the radar.

I live in Philadelphia, and last night was like the Philadelphia Phillies winning the World Series all over again - I could hear car horns honking and shouts well into the night. It definitely was a night I will remember until my dying day. I told a few people today that "now I have a hint of how my parents felt when President Kennedy was elected." Again, I have no other parallel; nothing to compare it to. There's been no one else in my lifetime with the charisma and promise of Barack Obama. I would put President Clinton as approaching that category, but his potential was unfulfilled in a lot of ways because of his personal foibles. Let's hope and pray that Obama doesn't share a similar political fate.

I have some pictures from yesterday that I'll post in a minute, then back to some more serious stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home