Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Friday, October 31, 2008

Cool: My favorite musician backs Barack


As if I need another reason to admire Dave Matthews, my favorite musician ever, here's another one. Matthews has been openly backing and campaigning for Obama for months and months now, which makes me proud to be such a huge fan.

Many people, specifically those on the right, criticize celebrities who back political candidates. I understand a large part of their resentment, because when people pay good money, they are paying to be entertained, not preached to. But that's now what Matthews does at his shows. How do I know? Because I've been to close to 20 of his concerts. And just because someone is famous doesn't mean that he loses his right to have a political opinion.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home