Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

PA delivers! I LOVE my blue state right now!

As a life-long resident of Pennsylvania, I've done my fair share of bitching, whining and complaining about many things about my state. Our roads suck. Our Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has got to be the dumbest government idea since anti-sodomy laws.

But, you know what? Pennsylvania has gone for every Democratic Nominee since 1988, when George H.W. Bush carried the Keystone State.

Of course, we're being subjected to lots of babbling, talking and analysis by the talking heads, but I agree with them on their point (on MSNBC) that Sarah Palin did not sell well in the Philadelphia suburbs. I know many, many people in the 'burbs who were appalled at McCain's choice of Sarah Stupid. Just wondering how Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider is feeling after pulling the asinine move of having her drop the puck on opening night. Nice try.

I also wish I could get into the head of failed GOP hack Brian Tierney, who heads the corporation that owns and operates the Philadelphia Inquirer, who reportedly had a heated battle with editors over who the paper would endorse. The result? A dual endorsement. Yes, you read that right. So much for Tierney's pledge to "not interfere with the editorial content" of the paper.

One other quick note about the preliminary poll results: in Pennsylvania, Hillary supporters are going for Obama in overwhelming numbers in the state, 81%-19%. That has to exceed even the most optimistic expectations of the Obama camp.

Just wondering - Hillary Supporters for McCain - where are you now?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger starwhite said...

There's an anti-sodomy law??? Shit....

Tue Nov 04, 06:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger RJ said...

Jhanna! My image of you... shattered. Okay, not really. You kill me. I've no idea of Pa's sex laws, but in the south there are still some. Okay, it was wasn't a perfect analogy.

Tue Nov 04, 06:34:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home