Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Today's the day... so Just Do It!

Today is the day we've waited 2,882 days for, since the Supreme Court effectively declared George W. Bush president on Dec. 12, 2000 in its appallingly bad decision, Bush v. Gore (Sorry for bringing it up, but I have plenty of reasons to; more on that later today). All of those frustrations we can now take out on one of Bush's biggest allies in the Senate, John S. McCain III.

In short, no more speeches, and I won't take off on a long-winded, Joe Biden-like rant (I mean that affectionately) as to why you should vote today; if you found your way to my little island on the Internet, chances are you already realize the value of not only voting, but voting for the only candidate, by far, who can take us in a truly new direction, and that's Barack Obama.

I'll be back in a bit to post my "Do's and Don'ts" about going to the polls today - there's plenty of things you need to be aware of that you may or may not know. I'll be back in a little bit, so please check back throughout the day and well into the night tonight - I will have loads and loads of information, video, pictures, etc. to share.

From a blogging standpoint, I'm pretty excited, because this is the first election that I've had a blog.

More to come...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home