Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Worst song parody EVER


Take a look at this disaster. I'm almost sorry that I'm even posting it. Almost. But, it's too freakin' awful not to share.

It's Celine Dion and Anastacia singing AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long.

I've never been a Dion fan, but the depths of depravity this "effort" sinks to left me breathless with laughter. This qualifies as sound pollution and hate speech, all rolled into one.

I haven't heard a song cover this bad since Sheryl Crow's awful attempt at singing Led Zepplin's D'yer Mak'er. I remember Crow trying to explain that noise as her salute to the band because she was a fan. Note to Crow and Dion - just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to push this garbage on anyone else. I'm an avid Dave Matthews fan, but that doesn't mean I'm doing song covers of #41 and Ants Marching.

Yikes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home