Fighting the War on Error

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- Political & Social Activist Abbie Hoffman (1936-1989)

Monday, February 26, 2007

Keith O on CBS Sunday Morning



I loved this informative piece, and unfortunately I didn't get to see it this past Sunday. (Score one for YouTube.) It's a CBS This Morning interview with MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, and it's a great look behind the glasses, bluster and bubbling anger that defines him. KO is now my favorite political figure on TV, edging out Jon Stewart by a nanometer. (But TDS is always essential viewing.)

I'm doing ANYTHING but taking 2008 for granted, but if a Democrat captures the White House, I wonder what will become of people like Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart and Olbermann?

Won't change a thing, claims KO, a self-described baseball nut. "If a Democrat did these things [referring to the Bush Administration], I would be out there just as ferociously," he said.

One thing's for sure - he's not going anywhere, and I couldn't be more delighted; he just signed a four-year contract extension with MSNBC to continue Counting Down for us every evening. Sweet.

Sleep tight, Mr. O'Reilly.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home